Bag Tubing & Sheeting Styles
Corrosion Cost Calculator
Go Green - What Constitutes Green?
How to use Zerust VCI packaging
Market updates - The Plastics Exchange
Measuring Up (for correct size bag)
Why Zerust (VCI)?
Polyethylene vs Polypropylene
- Polyethylene is translucent and prohibits a greater amount of light while polypropylene is transparent.
- The lower static charge produced by polyethylene as opposed to the higher charge emitted by polypropylene means that polyethylene will attract much less dirt, dust and other foreign, organic elements.
- Polyethylene is more flexible than polypropylene.
- Polyethylene is soft and pliable and polypropylene is stiff and hard.
- Due to its rigidity, polypropylene is more prone to tear, especially at the seams.
- Polyethylene is porous and polypropylene is non-porous.
- Polyethylene is stretchable and polypropylene is non-stretchable.
- Polyethylene is ideal for every day types of packaging for industrial and commercial uses.
- Polypropylene, particularly due to its high clarity is more suitable to retail applications